A little bit French

Say ‘hello’ to my new Frenchy notice board. . .

Isn’t she sweet.

Shabby Art Boutique - French board

She looks a bit different to when I picked her up at a local thrift store.

Apart from a few cracks and chips she was quite lovely as a mirror. . .

But I had something else in mind for her.

Shabby Art Boutique - French Board 4

First I removed all the hardware.

Gave it a thorough clean with warm water and vinegar (ratio 1:1).

Made repairs and gave her a basecoat of warm white.

Shabby Art Boutique - French Board 5

Then I made a glaze with brown paint and Faux Glaze Medium, which I painted over the textured designs and rubbed off with a soft cloth.

This techniques gave the piece a lovely weathered aged look.

Next came a little distressing with some fine sandpaper to complete the weathered look.

Shabby Art Boutique - French Board 3

I replaced the mirrors with fabric covered paste board, so the bottom of the noticeboard could be used as a pin board.

The decorative board from the top section was discarded and replaced with a chicken wire panel. . . with the addition of some very cute mini dolly pegs ‘Miss Frenchy’ is all set to be useful in her new life as a shabby French noticeboard.

Shabby Art Boutique - French Board 2

She will be available to buy at my market stall this weekend.

I’m sharing this shabbilicious transformation at this week’s link parties and with these friends: French Country Cottage, Blissful Whites Wednesday, The Vintage Farmhouse, 36th Avenue, Clean and Scentsible, Live Laugh Rowe, The DIY Dreamer, Tutorials, Tips & Tidbits – Stone Gable Transformation Thursday, At The Picket Fence, Be Inspired Friday at Common Ground, Nifty Thrifty Sunday.

The DIY Dreamer