Shabbilicious Friday

Welcome friends to the first

shabbilicious friday

Before we start, let me tell you how the idea for Shabbilicious Friday came about. . . I have a lovely friend of the non-blogging variety who said to me “I really don’t get blogging… why do you do it?”

I didn’t really have to think very long about my reply which went something like this. . .

You know when you find a friend who totally gets you. . . one who not only LOVES all the same things as you do, but gets why you want to paint everything white and then distress and shabby it up afterwards. She’s the same girl who understands why you pick up junk off the side of the road or rummage through filthy thrift stores in the hope of finding some dirty, rusty pre-loved piece of junk. She not only gets it. . . she stands beside you and does the ‘happy dance’ with you and then when you wonder if you really do need it she sweeps in and says “if you don’t I do”. She applauds your creativeness, but also encourages and motivates you when you lose your mojo. She really gets that you love all things shabby, French and vintage!

She’s the most gorgeous ‘shabbilicious’ friend ever. . . now times that by a thousand ‘shabbilicious’ friends and you may understand why I LOVE blogging and all my blogging friends.

floral boarder

I’m inspired everyday by the beautiful shabby gorgeousness I see online. I figure as followers of Shabby Art Boutique you must love all these things too. . . so I decided to hold a weekly link party to bring together my shabbilicious friends and their beautiful projects.

This is our chance each week to share all that is

gorgeously shabby, French or vintage. . .

I’d love for you to share your shabby furniture makeovers, thrifting finds, beautiful home vignettes, recipes

or anything else that will make all our ‘shabby’ hearts sing.

I’ll be choosing my favourite links each week to showcase at the Shabbilicious Friday party, plus some of my inspiring shabby friends will also be featured over on my Facebook page during the week. Make sure you ‘like’ my Shabby Art Boutique FB page so you don’t miss it.

pink border

Here are a few guidelines to make the ‘Shabbilicious Friday’ party run smoothly:

· Be sure to link back to your original post and not your main blog address (URL).

· This is a party for shabby inspiration… please don’t link to giveaways, shops or link parties.

· Please be courteous and remember to post my button or a link back to this party on your post, so others can join the fun.

If you are new here at Shabby Art Boutique and not yet a follower, then please pop over to the side-bar and click on the ‘Shabbilicious friends who follow’ link so we can stay in touch.

Let’s get inspired!!